BAC-121063CEW FlexStat, 6R3A, Occ, IP, WhiteSKU: BAC-121063CEW
The KMC FlexStat is a (B-AAC) BACnet advanced application controller and sensor in a single, attractive package that creates a flexible solution to stand-alone control challenges or BACnet network challenges in any size of commercial and industrial buildings.
In September 2010, Consulting-Specifying Engineer magazine announced winners of the annual Product of the Year award program. Among the winners, the FlexStat was awarded a Gold medal in the Networked/BAS category. The FlexStat was also chosen as an Editors' Choice product in the (printed) October 2010 issue of Commercial Building Products. On the Green Thinker Network, the FlexStat won the Sustainability 2012 Competition in the HVAC & Plumbing category.
Space temperature sensing is standard. Optional built-in sensors are humidity, CO2, and motion/occupancy. Six inputs for external sensors are also provided. If a remote space temperature sensor is connected to one of the inputs, the FlexStat can be configured to use remote only, average, highest, or lowest reading.
The motion sensor has a range of over 30 feet, and built-in sequences include occupancy standby and occupancy override.
The BAC-13xxxx series, with a built-in CO2 sensor, uses Automatic Background Calibration Logic, a patented self-calibration technique designed to be used in applications where CO2 concentrations will drop to outside ambient conditions (approximately 400 ppm) at least three times in a 14 day period, typically during unoccupied periods. The BAC-13xxxx series, when properly configured, complies with CA Title 24, Section 121(c), as well as sub-paragraph 4.F. The BAC-14xxxx series is designed for zones with continuous occupancy. The BAC-12xxxx series can have a remote CO2 sensor connected to one of the external inputs. All models are available with three levels of Demand Control Ventilation (DCV) sequences when using applications with a modulating economizer option and an internal or external CO2 sensor.
BACnet over MS/TP communication is standard. "E" versions, with an RJ-45 jack, add BACnet over Ethernet, BACnet over IP, and BACnet over IP as Foreign Device (for communication across the Internet).
The BACnet programmable thermostat FlexStat is supported by a library of downloadable award-winning support documents. Among these are:
- Data Sheet‚ÄîProduct specifications and selection guide
- Installation Guides (by type)‚ÄîBasic installation instructions (per output configuration and a printed copy is in the box with the FlexStat)
- Operation Guide‚ÄîMenu navigation, configuration, troubleshooting, and general information
- Application Guide‚ÄîCustomized programming and application information, detailed diagrams for all the built-in applications, and sequences of operation (requires login to the Partners site, and other documents are also available on the Partners site)
Flexible input and output configurations and built-in or custom programming ensure that a variety of application needs can be met. Such applications include single- and multi-stage packaged, unitary, and split systems (including high SEER/EER variable speed packaged equipment), as well as factory-packaged and field-applied economizers, water-source and air-to-air heat pumps, fan coil units, central station air handling units, and other similar applications. The on-board library of programs permits a single model to be rapidly configured for a wide range of HVAC control applications. Thus, a single "one size fits all" FlexStat model can replace multiple competitor models. A single BAC-120163CW, for example, can be quickly configured for any of these application options:
- Air handling unit, with proportional heating and cooling valves, and with optional economizer, dehumidification, and/or fan status
- Fan coil unit, 2-pipe or 4-pipe, proportional or 2-position valves, with optional dehumidification (w/ 4-pipe option) and/or fanstatus
- Heat pump unit, with up to two compressor stages, and with optional auxiliary heat, emergency heat, dehumidification, and/or fan status
- Roof top unit, with up to two H/C stages, and with optional economizer, dehumidification, and/or fan status
FlexStats also provide the capability to customize the standard library of sequences using KMC's BACstage (ver. 188.8.131.52 or later) or TotalControl (ver. 2.0.5 or later). This enables a local authorized KMC installing contractor to adapt the standard library to the unique site needs and application-specific requirements of a particular project.
NOTE: If replacing an existing mounted BAC-10xxx series FlexStat (with only three external inputs) with a new BAC-12xxxx/13xxxx/14xxxx FlexStat, the backplate must also be replaced since the terminals are incompatible. Mounting a BAC-12xxxx FlexStat on an old BAC-10000 (3-input) mounting plate will damage the FlexStat. BAC-13xxxx/14xxxx FlexStats, with the CO2 sensor, have a larger backplate with horizontal instead of vertical terminal blocks and cannot be mounted on the old backplate at all.